Pride of Lake of Bays – Seasonal Marine Technician
Location: Dorset, Ontario
We are currently looking for a Seasonal Technician to work out of our Pride Marine Group – Lake of Bays location, located on beautiful Lake of Bays at the entrance to the narrows into Dorset. The incumbent must perform preventative and corrective maintenance of electrical and mechanical systems and accessories, as well as scheduled maintenance and seasonal services. Pride Marine Group is a safety conscious company. The Technician will be required to complete Health and Safety training as well as regular monthly safety talks.
Our Ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well as part of a team and individually. This is a seasonal position expected to start in April and finish in November.
- Inspect, maintain and repair different types of boats
- Test and repair boat engines (inboard & outboard), hulls, propellers, rigging, navigational systems, electrical systems, steering gears, boat accessories, etc. using various diagnostic equipment
- Take assigned work order to completion in a timely manner
- Monitor workflow to determine if scheduled time will be met or if an adjustment is needed to stay in estimate/budget
- Work closely with parts to obtain requirements needed to complete the job (both in stock and ordered parts)
- Pay special attention to the service work book and the promised delivery date of internal and external customers
- Maintain up to date knowledge on new and emerging technologies in marine service
- Work closely with both the Location Managers and/or Service Managers
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- 1-2 years experience working in the Marine or Automotive industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card
- Basic understanding of diagnostic methods (mechanical & electrical)
- Marine Technician or Automotive Diploma or certifications preferred.
- Able to work irregular hours during peak periods including weekends
- Physically demanding (High) lifting, pushing, kneeling and reaching
- Able to work in variable work environments/conditions
Our employment policies and practices ensure that we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all aspects of employment without regard to any individual’s race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or characteristics or expression, political affiliation or activity, age, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pride Marine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request an accommodation please contact our Human Resources Department.
We thank you for your interest in Pride Marine Group, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $18.00-$21.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Marine or Automotive Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Pleasure Craft Operators Card (Preferred)