Pride Marine Ottawa – Marine Technician
Location: Pride Marine Ottawa, Ontario
For over 30 years family owned and operated, Pride Marine Group has been creating personalized recreational experiences. We don’t just sell ATVs, SSVs, Snowmobiles and Boats—we help bring customer’s visions for a life well lived to reality by connecting them to the product that will take them where they want to go.
We are currently looking for a Technician to work out of our Pride Marine Group – Ottawa location. Our beautiful location on Carp Road sells new and used boats, snowmobiles and ATVs, in Eganville, Ottawa and Kingston as well as Gatineau and the Thousand Island area of Brockville and Napanee. Our service and customer support is outstanding, as evidenced by our certification as a Brunswick 5-star Master Dealer, which is a certification program awarded only to dealers around the world who achieve the highest standards in operational excellence and customer enthusiasm.
Reporting to the Service Manager, our Technicians inspect, diagnose and repair some of the best boats, snowmobiles and ATV’s in the industry. We are proud to offer competitive wages, paid time off and comprehensive benefits, including unlimited access to mental and physical virtual healthcare.
- Inspect, maintain and repair different types of boats, ATV’s, snowmobiles and SSvs
- Test and repair boat and powersports engines (inboard & outboard), hulls, propellers, rigging, navigational systems, electrical systems, steering gears, boat accessories, etc. using various diagnostic equipment
- Take assigned work order to completion in a timely manner
- Monitor workflow to determine if scheduled time will be met or if an adjustment is needed to stay in estimate/budget
- Work closely with parts to obtain requirements needed to complete the job (both in stock and ordered parts)
- Pay special attention to the service work book and the promise delivery date to internal and external customers
- Maintain up to date knowledge on new and emerging technologies in marine technology
- Work closely with both the Location Managers and/or Service Managers
- Other duties as assigned
Experience & Education Required
- 3-5 years experience working in the Marine or Automotive industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card preferred
- Exceptional diagnostic skills (mechanical & electrical)
- Marine Technician or Automotive Diploma or certifications required
- Year round employment. Hours of work will include weekends.
- Kneeling, stooping and working in cramped and uncomfortable positions
- Able to work in variable work environments/conditions both indoors and outdoors
- Able to remain in a standing, sitting and crouching position for extended periods of time
- Overtime will be required during peak seasons to meet organizational demands
- Manual dexterity required to use necessary tools
Our employment policies and practices ensure that we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all aspects of employment without regard to any individual’s race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or characteristics or expression, political affiliation or activity, age, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pride Marine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request an accommodation please contact our Human Resources Department.
We thank you for your interest in Pride Marine Group, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Automotive: 2 years (preferred)
- Marine: 2 years (preferred)