Pride Marine Keswick – Fibre Glass & Gel Technician
Location: Keswick, Ontario
We are currently looking for a Fibre Glass & Gel Technician to work out of our Pride Marine Group – Keswick location, located just 40 minutes from the GTA with convenient access to Georgian Bay, Lake Ontario and Beyond. Pride Marine Group – Keswick has a specific range of new, used and brokerage boats on display in our 2 large indoor showrooms, on-shore and in-water. Our service and customer support is outstanding, as evidenced by our certification as a Brunswick 5-star Master Dealer, which is a certification program awarded only to dealers around the world who achieve the highest standards in operational excellence and customer enthusiasm.
Reporting to the Service Manager, our Gel Technicians inspect and repair some of the best boats in the industry. Using their strong attention to detail, our Gel Technicians work in a safe manner to complete structural and cosmetic repairs to boats. Pride Marine Group is a safety-conscious company. The Technician will be required to complete Health and Safety training as well as regular monthly safety talks.
- Complete structural or cosmetic repairs on fibreglass, using various types of resins, composites, paints, epoxy and resins
- Remove and install hardware
- Take assigned work order to completion in a timely manner
- Monitor workflow to determine if scheduled time will be met or if an adjustment is needed to stay in estimate/budget
- Work closely with parts to obtain requirements needed to complete the job (both in stock and ordered parts)
- Pay special attention to the service workbook and the promised delivery date to internal and external customers
- Maintain up to date knowledge on new and emerging technologies in marine technology
- Work closely with both the Location Managers and/or Service Managers
- Other duties as assigned
Experience & Education Required
- 3-5 years experience required working with FibreGlass repairs, ideally in the marine industry
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
Our employment policies and practices ensure that we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all aspects of employment without regard to any individual’s race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or characteristics or expression, political affiliation or activity, age, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pride Marine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request an accommodation please contact our Human Resources Department.
We thank you for your interest in Pride Marine Group, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.